Monday, December 28, 2009

How do I remove the scent of perfume from a paperback book?

I accendently spilled pefume on my manga book! It smels like this horible perfume now! I have tried to evaporate it by putting it outside or on a furnace but that did not help! What should I do?! I will not trash my book!How do I remove the scent of perfume from a paperback book?
Manga? You deserved it.How do I remove the scent of perfume from a paperback book?
spray a good perfume over it.
the only thing you can do it get febreze maybe. and let it air out. the smell should dissappear sooner or later. it just might take a while
nail polish remover?
Do you have something called Odo Ban? It is sold at Hardware stores. If not the other thing to do is to try using baking soda on the pages. Baking Soda is powdered and it is considered an Odor Absorber. I can understand how you do not wish to part with your book.
Hmm.





From a chemistry standpoint, there would be two ways to eliminate the perfume:





1) Find a substance that absorbs the perfume's principal chemical components, and put some close to / nearby the book in a sealed enclosure for a while (some have said baking powder, whereas a better substance may exist), or





2) Gently heat the book so that the perfume escapes from the paper faster, but not so hot that the paper / bindings / glue or plastics are affected. (e.g. not to 451 Fahrenheit, since while the paper won't burst into flame, it'll probably smoulder or blacken). I'd say you could put it in on a ceramic dish in the oven at around 80 degrees C with the door open just a crack (for a few hours). Ensure that it cools back down to room temperature before you handle it. If that doesn't work, try 90, then 100 ...
dryer sheets that are unscented Between the pages
Put it in a large ziploc bag with some baking soda. Shake it up, make sure the baking soda gets between the pages. Leave it in there for a while.


Clean out the baking soda. If it still smells, try again with new baking soda.
  • windows update
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment